i can"t open my own corpus, please help me!

patricx

高级会员
the program is: xaira 1.13
just now i used the MS word to convert some doc files into txt files.
then i used the xaira tools to locate these txt files(ANSI code) and made a xcorpus files
then i used the xaira client to open it and failed
the message is " server can't open local corpus" and i clicked on the "view" button, it appears "DSC file missin" i don't know what's wrong.

you can follow the post "how to use xaira step by step" for trouble shooting instructions. the post is visible on the right column of the first page of corpus4u.

i have read it, but it seems that i can't find the suitable answer from the post" how to use xaira step by step", i have tried what Mr. xiaoz has said.

xiaoz mentioned that the version difference b/t 113 and 114 might be the problem, is that the case?

Uing Xaira Indexer tool to make a copy of xcorpus is not sufficient. You need to index your corpus and make a, xcorpus. I would assume your Doc-to-Txt texts are not marked up in XML. So you will need to use Preprocessor to add simple XML tags to your data before indexing. Try the Indexing Wizard if you like.

回复:

以下是引用 patricx2005-7-21 14:22:14 的发言:
the program is: xaira 1.13
just now i used the MS word to convert some doc files into txt files.
then i used the xaira tools to locate these txt files(ANSI code) and made a xcorpus files
then i used the xaira client to open it and failed
the message is " server can't open local corpus" and i clicked on the "view" button, it appears "DSC file missin" i don't know what's wrong.

Xaira can be used for different puroses. It can be used with XML marked
and indexed corpora (as what Dr Xiao has done with LCMC), it can also
be used with your own data. In the latter case you need to mark and index
the data first before it can be searched with Xaira.

Since many of us have our own data in various forms, it'd be useful to
exchange ideas and experiences with the data processing component.

[本贴已被 作者 于 2005年07月22日 12时07分38秒 编辑过]

If anyone has a problem with indexing their own data, they can send it to me and I will markup and index the corpus for them (and send them a download link for the indexed corpus).

Back
顶部