关于课程论文的写作

各位高手,我是新手中的新手,马上要写COURSE PAPER。我想趁着暑假先自己动手做准备,可是,导师正在休假、旅游期间,只好在此请教各位了。现将我这虽然想了半天但却可能很幼稚的PAPER PLAN贴上,请各位花点时间,帮我看看是否可行?谢谢!如果不可行,如何进行调整,还是干脆换一个TOPIC?
Planned Topic: A Critical Review on The Theories of [FONT=宋体]The Application of Corpus Linguistics to EFLTeaching and Learning[FONT=宋体] at University Level[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]Aim: [FONT=宋体]Compared with other branches of linguistics or other methodologies of EFL teaching and learning, corpus linguistics is relatively new but developing very fast. Recently, many corpus linguists point it out that corpora can be applied to EFL teaching and learning in nearly every aspect, from the design of teaching materials to the design of syllabi to classroom teaching and learning. This paper is planned to test whether the theories from those linguists are practical or not in EFL teaching and learning at university level and if yes, to what degree and in which aspect that they [/FONT][FONT=宋体]really[/FONT][FONT=宋体] are and which type of corpora is really practical in their matching aspect. Its ultimate aim is to provide EFL teachers and learners of university level with beneficial references when they tend to make use of corpora in teaching and learning.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]Method: 1. [FONT=宋体]A certain number of academic papers and books on the application of corpora to EFL teaching and learning are collected. [/FONT][FONT=宋体]2.[/FONT][FONT=宋体] The collected papers and books are summarized and classified in accordance with the aspects of EFL teaching and learning they touched.[/FONT][FONT=宋体] 3.[/FONT][FONT=宋体] Based on the classifications of the theories put forward in those paper and books, questionnaires are designed and handed out to EFL teachers and learners of university level. [/FONT][FONT=宋体]4.[/FONT][FONT=宋体] A critical review is concluded, which is based on the results of the questionnaires and my own experiences as an EFL teacher.[/FONT][/FONT]

Note:1. Only EFL teachers and learners of university level are focused on because generally speaking, they are more sensitive to new methodology or knowledge than those of lower levels. Their attitudes towards corpus linguistics are obviously representative. 2. If the aspects of corpora applied to EFL teaching and learning appearing in the collected papers or books are too wide, only some of them will be selected for review.

回复: 关于课程论文的写作

顺便说一下这个COURSE PAPER的字数要求:老师说虽然字数不是最主要的,但是,他又说,一般不能少于A4、12号字60页。我想还是按照他的常规要求去做,毕竟还是想得B甚至A的,所以特需要各位高手毫不留情地给予批评、指正,呵呵,不好意思。

这是什么课啊?赶上一篇硕士论文了。怪!!!!

My personal point of view:
1.The topic is a bit long, and you'd better have it shortened.
2. If the conclusion will be reach only on the basis of the results of some questionaires, it will not be very acceptable and persuasive. You shoud do something more to support your conclusion.
3. You should pay enough attention to the obvious mistakes in the paper. eg. in your note part,"Only EFL teachers and learners of university level are focused on {what?}because ---"

BTW,is it a MA paper?

Only for your reference!

这是什么课啊?赶上一篇硕士论文了。怪!!!!
我读的的确是一个硕士PROGRAMME,完成这个PROGRAMME,要修5个COURSES,每个COURSE结束,并没有考试,但是,每个人都要写一个PAPER/REPORT,一般要求是30页。其中CORPUS LINGUISTICS是其中的一个COURSE,是放在计算机信息与交流系的,我看了这个系学生写的COURSE PAPER/REPORT,的确是在60页左右,而硕士毕业论文一般是在100页左右(我也想将毕业论文放在CORPUS上,但是,暂时还感觉到有很大的困难)。其实,字数要求不是强制性的,但是,大家都习惯这样去写,于是,似乎成了一种不成文的规定。

谢谢许博士的关注,也请你多批评、指点,正困惑和痛苦着呢,。。。

My personal point of view:
1.The topic is a bit long, and you'd better have it shortened.
2. If the conclusion will be reach only on the basis of the results of some questionaires, it will not be very acceptable and persuasive. You shoud do something more to support your conclusion.
3. You should pay enough attention to the obvious mistakes in the paper. eg. in your note part,"Only EFL teachers and learners of university level are focused on {what?}because ---"

BTW,is it a MA paper?

Only for your reference!
非常非常感谢MAYERNIU的关注和指导,特别是要感谢您指出的错误,看来是我语焉不详。我想这篇文章应当不会只是QUESTIONAIRES的RESULTS的堆积,我的想法是将它们与EFL教育学、教育心理学等方面的一些理论结合起来进行探讨,由于只是一个PLAN,更考虑到节省各位高手的时间,就没有写详细了。不知道这样是否可行?
“ONLY EFL TEACHERS AND LEARNERS OF UNIVERSITY LEVEL ARE FOCUS ON。。。”我想表达的意思是我的调查、研究对象主要是放在这部分人身上。

BTW,您的指导对于我这样的新手非常重要,再次感谢!

Oh, I see. I misunderstood your meaning.
You're welcome. What I said was only my personal point of view. Be confident and you can achieve a lot from the papers. Every artist was first an amateur, as Laohong's motto says.

Back
顶部