请教利用COHA写语言学论文

[FONT="黑体"]【求助】[FONT="黑体"]

大家好,新手第一次发帖提问,希望各位前辈不吝赐教。
要借助COHA (the Corpus of Historical American English)写一篇五千字的语言学(Grammer and Diachronic)论文。因为上学期去参加一个翻译交流项目,整学期的语言学课都没有上,不过导师同意完成论文和参加一次笔试就可以考虑让我通过这门课。现在在看格中课程Paper,补习语料库的知识。

paper有好几个选题可选,我准备选择下面这个课题。
Roughly
Roughly underwent a number of semantic changes in the course of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries and as a result extended over a
number of new environments. Starting out as an adverb meaning ‘in a rough manner’, as in (1), it developed into a downtoner with verbs, adjectives, and prepositional phrases, as in (2) and also (like around) acquired adnumberal uses as in (3).
十九二十世纪,roughly在语义上发生了一些变化,语义延伸到了一些新的语境中。roughly一开始为副词,意味”粗暴地“,如例句(1)所示,roughly慢慢发展成为与动词、形容词和借此短语搭配的减弱语,如例句(2)所示,同时也和around一样表现出adnumberal (数字副词)的用法,(3)所示。

(1). I never was so roughly handled in my life. (1812, COHA)
(2). a. The State prisons of the South may be roughly classified as of three? kinds (1880, COHA)
b. But they were believed at the time to have had a roughly accurate notion of what the Broadway franchise was worth. (1886, COHA)
c. Klinias looked up, roughly in Konon’s direction. (1970, COHA)
(3). a. A fertile shore, hot and green in this month of August, extending roughly seven miles inland to the foothills. (1931, COHA)
b. Well, like I said, you’ve got roughly five days or a week. (1971, COHA)

Using corpus data to describe this development in more detail and investigate in which contexts the new meanings arose, and how they spread to
new contexts. Pay attention to ambiguities that may have furthered change and the collocational contexts in which new uses first manifest themselves. Further, because the downtoner uses seem to fist appear with verbs, it can be expected that the course of extension for roughly is opposite
to the course of extension found for downtoner all but (De Smet MS).
利用语料库更细致地描述这种发展变化,研究新意思是在何种语境下产生的,并且如何传播至新的语境中。特别注意一些推动变化的模棱两可语境,还有搭配语境,新用法首先就是在这些搭配语境中体现出来的。此外,因为减弱语用法似乎最先是和动词搭配出现的,可以得出roughly语义的延伸过程和另一个减弱语'all but'(De Smet MS)的情况恰恰相反。

第一次使用语料库,在search string 中输入’roughly’后显示如下图:

2316400_880467367_rotate.jpg

请教一下各位面对这洋洋洒洒的数据,该如何着手分析呢?历时分析是选择19和20世纪里面的那几段时期?还有一个星期要交Paper了,还请各位帮忙分析分析。谢谢了!
[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
Back
顶部