[求助]Consulting about the use of BNC

azure991

初级会员
I spent about 2 hrs on the installment of BNC this afternoon. Now a folder of over 3G has been created. The size of the files is almost the same with figure offered by TIGER in another posting, but I'm still not so confident in my success (because the whole process of installment was too smooth to believe *_*).
So my first question is:
Is my installment completely finished?

This is the picture of the size and numbers of files:
2006020621035044.jpg

回复:[求助]Consulting about the use of BNC

This is the picture of the subfolders(is this term correct? ):

There are 5 subfolders, but TIGER has 6. The one that I don't have is named as "indexer". Is it indispendable? Where can I get it ?
2006020621073547.jpg

I would be overjoyed if you say that my installment is successful...

However, I should admit that I'm a complete layman in the use of corpus. Is there any instruction on the use of BNC? The more detailed the better, one with the step-by-step explanation would be perfect...

The second question:
Where can I find the texts?

I'm trying to carry out an investigation on the distribution of transitivity process types in different genres. It focuses on the grammar or rather semantic level instead of lexis. So the first step of my study is to collect enough sample texts in various genres. I believe BNC is one of the most authoritative resources, but where can I find the raw texts???

The third question:

What are the functions of all the subfolders?

For instance, "index" and "texts" are the two hugest folders.
In "index" there are thousands of .sid files, the default file type is "ACDSee SID", which means the default software that opens these files is ACDSee. I know there must be something wrong, but how can I change it?
And in the folder "texts" there are also thousands of files that cannot be opened, even cannot be recognized, as shown in this picture:
2006020621551579.jpg

Is there anything wrong? Is it possible for me to change these files into raw sample texts?

The above are the questions that has been confusing me by now. I hope I've made them clear and I'm eager for your kind help. I love here and I believe here because there are so many experts & vetarans in this field, who are always ready to help others. Thank you for all your work and generosity!

Thank you hancunxin.
I've read through that thread carefully, and thanks to its help, I installed the disk smoothly. However I still have some questions about the use of BNC. I've searched for relevant information on internet but couldn't find answer.

If I know your e-mail address, I'd like to send a copy of BNC Indexer to u.With this tool, you will find it more useful when using bnc.

以下是引用 azure9912006-2-7 22:27:34 的发言:
Why is there no response?

靓女老师可否把BNC和俺SHARE 一下?万分感谢!QQ:553575272

Back
顶部