[求助] how to use BNC sampler

desperate

普通会员
questions about the usage of BNC sampler:
1. How could I find out all the words that are tagged as degree words (RG) in BNC sampler?

2. How to use Wordsmith to make queries in BNC sampler? There are three files in the corpus: xml, usr, index. but no similar text file as Lob and Brown. I don't know which texts to choose.

3. what is the difference between xaira and wordsmith with regard to collocation study. Why does the manual of BNC say sara is not adequate for collocation study? Actually they do provide collocation information like collocates and z-score.

回复:[求助] how to use BNC sampler

I have solved the second problem mentioned above. A new problem arises.

I followed the instruction of Wordsmith manual and typed in <w NN1>* <w NN1>* to search sequence of two singular common nouns in the BNC Sampler but failed. What might be wrong? There is no problem for searching words without tags.

回复:[求助] how to use BNC sampler

Please make sure you haven't selected "Ignore tags <*>" in "Adjust settings-Tags" (WST3) or something like that in WST4. If you have solved this problem, then your problem one for RG has been solved.

以下是引用 desperate2006-4-1 15:49:55 的发言:
I have solved the second problem mentioned above. A new problem arises.

I followed the instruction of Wordsmith manual and typed in <w NN1>* <w NN1>* to search sequence of two singular common nouns in the BNC Sampler but failed. What might be wrong? There is no problem for searching words without tags.

Both Xaira and WST can extract collocates. But the collocate function in Xaira is easier to use. Also Xaira can extract colligations but WST cannot.

Back
顶部