[原创]楹未箨的corpus linguistics如此蓬勃l展?

[原创]为何大陆的corpus linguistics如此蓬勃发展?

It really surprised me that so many people devoted themselves to Corpus Linguistics in Mainland China. The situation here in Taiwan is totally reversed...only a few scholars have the knowledge and skills in doing corpus-based studies.
As a result, the research of CL is not as advanced as that in China. I feel really....really curious about why this website can attract so much attention....
Can anybody tell me why????

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason that I study corpus linguistics is mainly due to my supervisor's suggestion. And I am happy to learn CL as it really broaden my eyeside, but the problem is that not many relevant books are available in our library . thanks to this website, I can get lots of information and materials about CL

每次看到把Taiwan和China比,心里就不舒服。还有就是每次听到台湾人讲“你们中国怎么怎么的....”就决定不再和那个人说话。在外面待得越久,那颗心好像越红亮。

实际上台湾中研院做得相当好,特别是在汉语和南岛语言研究方面。台湾师大好像做得也很好。
大陆做得人多一点并不奇怪,我想愿意之一可能是我们现在跟外界的接触足够得多了,也足够得开放了。

i also have another question: can you guys read traditional Chinese? (it is only curiosity but no offense)
We those Big5 users are able to read some simplified Chinese, but not all, most of the case we have to guess...Is this alo happen to you as a GB user?

回复:[原创]楹未箨的corpus linguistics如此蓬勃l展?

以下是引用 iamkys20032006-4-18 22:25:02 的发言:
i also have another question: can you guys read traditional Chinese? (it is only curiosity but no offense)
We those Big5 users are able to read some simplified Chinese, but not all, most of the case we have to guess...Is this alo happen to you as a GB user?

I feel it's not difficult for me to read tradional Chinese, although traditional Chinese has not been taught in schools in mainland since the end of 1950s.

sure, no difficulty in reading Big 5 at all. Sometimes when I focus on the content, I am not realizing that it is in Big 5. However, if listing isolated traditional Chinese characters there, esp. those low-frequency ones, I think the difficulty may arise. This might be due to the magic of Gestalt, at least partly.

小弟也是碜蕴常就@一子cS多大同W的相得知,大多知R份子是t解繁w字,竟很多古典文W是以繁w字橹鳌P〉芸以檎治可以跟文化分的,追求知R的岢朗遣环界的,只要是能追求真理,政治都是一r而已,l缘凳年後砂是什N情r? 但是我可以嘌裕CL@Wg^蓬勃l展蛋倌!

以下是引用 bonjoe2006-4-23 9:02:13 的发言:
小弟也是碜蕴常就@一子cS多大同W的相得知,大多知R份子是t解繁w字,竟很多古典文W是以繁w字橹鳌P〉芸以檎治可以跟文化分的,追求知R的岢朗遣环界的,只要是能追求真理,政治都是一r而已,l缘凳年後砂是什N情r? 但是我可以嘌裕CL@Wg^蓬勃l展蛋倌!

呵呵,]有想到,CL交流引出@硬咨5母U。

我读繁体字没有任何困难,虽然没有系统学习过。而且,我想大陆的大学生基本上都没有困难。我做过一个小小的调查,对象是我周边的同学,让他们读一本用繁体字出版的小说中的某一节,结果没有一个人说看不懂。

正好借此机会请教台湾的朋友,是否现在已经完全采用汉语拼音了?我读过一些台湾学者在国际语料库语言学刊物上发的文章,其中涉汉字的注音都是汉语拼音,包括作者的人名。是这样的吗?

我也想知道汉语拼音是否在台湾通行。

以下是引用 yuliaoku2006-4-24 17:46:26 的发言:
正好借此机会请教台湾的朋友,是否现在已经完全采用汉语拼音了?我读过一些台湾学者在国际语料库语言学刊物上发的文章,其中涉汉字的注音都是汉语拼音,包括作者的人名。是这样的吗?

A very interesting question. Alas, no answer. I wonder if anybody who knows Pinyin is or isn't accepted in Taiwan can help.

我问过一个台湾来大陆读书的学生,他说汉语拼音在台湾不通用,各种拼音方案他都是自学的,学校不教。
学校(从小学认字始)教的是“注音”,即我们在新华字典上看到的每个字旁边都有的象草书(日语假名)一样的东西。
该学生来自台北,应该具有一定代表性。

以下是引用 dinooja2006-5-5 16:37:14 的发言:
我问过一个台湾来大陆读书的学生,他说汉语拼音在台湾不通用,各种拼音方案他都是自学的,学校不教。
学校(从小学认字始)教的是“注音”,即我们在新华字典上看到的每个字旁边都有的象草书(日语假名)一样的东西。
该学生来自台北,应该具有一定代表性。
Thanks a lot.

People here in Taiwan do not use PinYin. When we need to translate our Chinese names into English, there is one system called "natural pinyin", which is different from PinYin in some ways. For example: 志 is 『Tz』 in 自然拼音, but 『Zhi』in hZ拼音。Generally, most people can only use 注音符,only those who are specially trained can use 自然拼音。So it is not popular here in Taiwan, I figure that the existence of 自然拼音is a result of political but not practical goal.

记得去年12月份在广外开社会语言学会的时候,来自台湾的学者Sai-Hua Kuo对李宇明司长说,她看到大陆的简化字,心里就觉得缺了些什么。不知台湾的朋友是否有同感?

繁体字在大陆并不陌生,古文也是从幼儿园从"鹅鹅鹅"学起.按比例来讲,大陆台湾搞语料的人数应该不相上下.衷心希望楼主有机会来大陆一游

Back
顶部