Glossa: a new international journal for language and linguistics

xiaoz

永远的超级管理员
Staff member
I am glad to introduce a new international journal for which I have recently been invited to join the Board -

Glossa is an international journal that covers a wide variety of subjects concerning all the different aspects of language. The journal welcomes authoritative, innovative and pragmatic scholarship from all areas of Social Sciences and Humanities. Contributions from the neighboring disciplines are welcome in this journal provided that they have some bearing on the functioning of language.​

Manuscripts are required to contain such general academic implications as to be of interest to anyone, whatever their own specialization. Glossa is a forum for debate, and encourages an interdisciplinary approach to language research conducted so as to be of interest to the widest possible audience.

No particular theories or scientific trends are favored: scientific quality and scholarly standing are the only criteria applied in the selection of papers accepted for publication.

For more information of the journal, and the Information for Contributors, please see the journal site:

http://bibliotecavirtualut.suagm.edu/Glossa/Journal/Glossa.htm

回复: Glossa: a new international journal for language and linguistics

Congrats, Prof. Xiao!

My dear friends:

It is my distinct pleasure to congratulate everyone involved both the contributors and the peer-reviewers, on the 3rd issue of GLOSSA that was published online. The print version is to follow.

The journal can be accessed at: http://bibliotecavirtualut.suagm.edu/Glossa/Journal/Glossa.htm

I would appreciate any comments and suggestions to improve our journal and would also like to invite you to encourage possible contributors to submit articles for our coming issue.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone involved.

Wishing you every success,

Zoran Vujisic Ph.D.

Editor

Good news. And congraduations, Richard.
What does Glossa mean? Related to glossary?

The naming of the journal resembles that of Lingua, which intends to embrace everything. But it is not a good idea to be ambitious like that in the long run. In its infancy, an all-embracing name could invite more contributions and wider readership, which in the meanwhile is its Achilles' Heel.

Back
顶部