如何检索 it +be+adj/n+that 等

回复: 如何检索 it +be+adj/n+that 等

Huge thanks, Laohong.
there is no need to present proposals in the "two"meetings.
I have put the package into corpus4u.com.

想知道下载了的人有没有检索出要找的东西?

这个软件看起来功能还是蛮强大,需要好好消化。

非常感谢laohong!!nooj已下载,12994kb,带 。exe 的程序有两个,解压时均提示程序初始化失败,解压后却找不到这两个程序了,不知何故?本人菜鸟一个,请指点!先谢了

重新下载了一次,仍然不能打开,请高人指点
谢谢了

重新下载了一次,仍然不能打开,请高人指点
谢谢了

打不开什么?zip文件不能解压还是解压后不能运行NooJ程序?

如果不能解压Zip文件,可能是下载不完整或文件受损,建议重新下载。

如果解压正常,但是解压后敲文件夹_App里的NooJ.exe程序(同目录下还有个noojapply.exe程序,它只能在DOS下运行),但是NooJ还是不能运行。估计是你的电脑里没有装 .net,因为:

NooJ is a .NET application. It currently runs under Windows 95-98-ME, Windows NT-2000 and Windows XP, supporting UNICODE and XML. As for any application, we strongly advise that you update both your operating system and the .NET Framework, by downloading their latest“Service Pack”.

打开资源管理器,到C盘Program Files下看有没有Microsoft.NET文件夹。如果没有,就需要先安装。如果已经安装了,估计需要更新。

建议到微软更新页面或这里下载安装最新的Microsoft? .NET Framework 版本 3.0 :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f857-4a14-83f5-25634c3bf043&DisplayLang=zh-cn

原来问题在我的电脑,里边真的没有Microsoft.NET,laohong果然不凡!下载,试试!
谢谢谢谢谢!!!

thanks for laohong's brilliant introduction to Nooj. But at the same time i think this type of search pattern can be realized with some simply regular expressions and a software surpporting regular expressions, such as PhraseContext introduced in this forum.

thanks for laohong's brilliant introduction to Nooj. But at the same time i think this type of search pattern can be realized with some simply regular expressions and a software surpporting regular expressions, such as PhraseContext introduced in this forum.

Surely you are right, but I don't know whether you have tried with NooJ. To talk about query with regular expressions, NooJ provides wild cards (boolean), perl regular expression, NooJ regular expression and NooJ grammar for you to query any patterns in texts. Can you list any other corpus tools competitive enough in this perspective?

As we know, sometimes it's also quite troublesome to search with normal regular expressions. Just take "it +be+adj/n+that" as an example, to search it with perl regular expression, it is not easy for most of people here to write the expression which covers the following:

it => IT, It, it
be => am is are was were ... (and their variations with upper or lower case)
adj => with an untagged text, how can you search something like this?
n => same as above.
adj/n => how?
that => simple string match

However, NooJ can do a much better job in this case. If you query with NooJ regular expression, simply input this line to search: "it <be> (<A> + <N>) that" or "it <be> (<ADJ> + <N>) that" (without quotation marks), you will get all the concordances like:

ith the unfamiliar. It is true that among her contempor
ad he wrote to you; it was right that he should, and he w
ll as Mr. Luce, and it was probable that as his experience a
s eyes as well; but it was probable that the movement had in
," laughed Isabel, " it was better that you should do that
ly got over it, and it was natural that , as that affair had
ventured to ask. " It was natural that as an old friend of
ad been vanquished. It was well that Mr. Edward Rosier h

the question is that NOOJ can only process .not or .nop format files, I tried several times, It seems hard to convert .txt file into .not file.

the question is that NOOJ can only process .not or .nop format files, I tried several times, It seems hard to convert .txt file into .not file.

Have you read the manual on how to import a text file or a corpus of texts? To be specific, Chapter 7 & 8, page 64-73.

There is no instance of "get rid of bad habits" in BNC, nor in Bank of English (BoE). However, there are 90 instances of "bad habits" in BNC and 57 in BoE. To know which verbs are frequently used with "bad habits", have a look at the two saved concordances of "bad habits" at:

http://corpuslaohong.ys168.com
corpus4u

You can find 974 instances of "get rid of bad habits" (with quotation mark) in Google search. But it's not reliable to certain extent. For one thing, Goolge counts the results in its own way; for the other, Internet is just like a dustbin, and anybody can publish there. Goolge simply gets the results from this dustbin.

Last edited:

非常感谢laohong, 我是想找到没有"get rid of bad habits"这种搭配的证据。得到你的回复我更自信了。
另外,学生把“风小了”译成the wind became weak/weaker.这里wind 和weak能不能称为“搭配”不当?peter newmark在A textbook of translation(P213)中只列出了三种最常见的搭配:adj+n / n+n / +n。
再谢!

Back
顶部