Help!About Key keyword in Wordsmith

I'm doing the analysis of key keyword. But I don't quite understand what the colunms mean. For instance, the key keyword list is:

KW Texts % Overall Freq. No. Ass.
volunteer 40 67.00 137 89

Among them, what do "texts", "%" and "overall freq." stand for?
I thought that "texts" show the number of texts in which the keyword appears. But I checked the files and found that there are 93 files which contains "volunteer". So I'm confused, and yours help!

And how is the key keyword calculated?

回复: Help!About Key keyword in Wordsmith

WS manual has clear instructions. I learned it from the manual, which helped a lot.

回复: Help!About Key keyword in Wordsmith

I read the book Oxford Wordsmith Tools (from http://www.lexically.net/wordsmith/index.html). Only find some definitions about keyword and key keyword. For example, "A "key key-word" is one which is "key" in more than one of a number of related texts. The more texts it is "key" in, the more "key key" it is". (P122) And also about the database "The point of this database is that it will allow you to see the "key-key-words" in your set of files. That is, the key-words which are most frequent over a number of files" (p123). Scott (1997) provides an example of key keywords. He calculated the frequency and the percentage of key keywords in a database. Does it mean that key keyword is calculated by this way? Still, I'm confused about the way of calculating key keywords and the format that Wordsmith provides. Would you like to explain it for me? Thank you!

Scoot. M. 1997. PC analysis of key words – and key key words. System, 25(2): 233-245.

Back
顶部