语料库语言学的缺陷在哪里?优势在哪里?

patricx

高级会员
使用语料库研究语言据说是美国结构主义发展的贡献,在列举语言实例方面确实存在很多的优点.但是chomsky对结构主义发难,说解释语言的规则,语料库是无效的.
我很需要这方面的论文资料,哪个高手手里有啊,或者一些参考书目也可以啊.先谢谢拉

Many postings in the section Theoretical Frontiers focus on this issue.

回复:语料库语言学的缺陷在哪里?优势在哪里?

If you have access to Language, Vol 81.1 (2005) has a number
of papers discuss this issue in response to Newmeyer's 2004
article where he attacked, among others, the use of corpus
linguistics.

it's a pity, i can't get them, but Dr Xiao has already provided some precious e-articals, anyway, thank you very much!!!

In the first chapter of "Corpus Linguistics'by MCnrry Tony and Andrew Wilson , the authors talked about Chomskyian revolution and the advantages of the corpus linguistics.Perhaps what Chomsky has pointed is both the merits and demerits of the corpus lingiistics.

语料库语言学的缺陷是在哲学观上还是在目前的方法论上?如果是方法论上的问题,随着技术的不断发展和完善,这样的缺陷应该能够得到不断完善和弥补。

以下是引用 清风出袖2005-7-24 20:05:17 的发言:
能否烦请动态语法前辈将那篇文章的摘要贴出来?谢谢!

I have read some of the papers in Language. I posted "corpus or no corpus" in Theoretical Frontiers some time ago, which includes two papers: Newmeyer's paper and Meyer and Tao's comment. The latter is a preprint copy of proof pages - sorry Chuck and Hongyin for taking that out, but I thought it would help to solve the controversy.

以下是引用 刘语料2005-7-24 13:42:02 的发言:
Perhaps what Chomsky has pointed is both the merits and demerits of the corpus lingiistics.

You wouldn't say so if you know Chomsky (2004) well enough -"Corpus lingusitics does not mean anything." See "An interview with Noam chomsky" in "Theoretical Frontiers".

[本贴已被 作者 于 2005年07月25日 02时14分04秒 编辑过]

以下是引用 oscar32005-7-24 18:13:16 的发言:
语料库语言学的缺陷是在哲学观上还是在目前的方法论上?如果是方法论上的问题,随着技术的不断发展和完善,这样的缺陷应该能够得到不断完善和弥补。

It depends upon what you view lingusitics is about - competence or performace.

I posted a paper written Chris Shei that discusses this issue. See also my forth coming chapter "Theory-driven corpus research" at

http://eprints.lancs.ac.uk/61/

Back
顶部