语料库在语言教学中的运用

xiaoz

永远的超级管理员
Staff member
The following is a forthcoming paper to appear in the Journal of Zhejiang University. It is based on my keynote lecture "How can corpora help in language pedagogy?" given at the Postgraduate Conference in Applied Linguistics, Nottingham University Ningbo, 26-27 June 2009. If you find any errors in the manuscript, I'd love to hear from you.

[FONT=宋体]语料库在语言教学中的运用——[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]中国英语学习者被动句式习得个案研究[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]肖忠华[/FONT][FONT=宋体]1[/FONT][FONT=宋体], 戴光荣2[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体](1. 肖忠华,浙江大学 外国语言文化与国际交流学院,浙江杭州 310058;2. 戴光荣,福建工程学院外语系,福建 福州 350108)[/FONT]​

[[FONT=宋体]摘要[/FONT]] [FONT=宋体]二十世纪九十年代以来,[/FONT][FONT=宋体]语料库语言学给语言研究带来了一场深刻的变革。其中语言教学[/FONT][FONT=宋体]是广泛运用语料库的领域之一[/FONT][FONT=宋体]。正如[/FONT]Leech[FONT=宋体]([/FONT]1997[FONT=宋体])指出,语言教学与语料库研究之间已形成一种相互结合、学科共进的局面;他认为这种结合有三个重点:即语料库间接用于教学,语料库直接用于教学,以及面向教学的语料库建设。目前语料库在语言教学中的应用主要表现为间接应用,而直接应用一般局限于较高层次的学习者。然而,只要语料库语言学完成当前所面临的两大任务,那么语料库必将在语言教学中决定“教什么”和“如何教”时发挥更为根本的作用。学习者语料库作为一种面向教学的语料库[/FONT][FONT=宋体]资源[/FONT][FONT=宋体],既可直接也可间接用于语言教学。针对中国英语学习者语料库中被动句式习得情况的案例分析表明,对比语料库语言学在二语习得研究中为学习者中介语预测、诊断与阐释提供了有力的工具。[/FONT]

[[FONT=宋体]关键词[/FONT]] [FONT=宋体]语料库;语言教学;对比语料库语言学;中介语;二语习得;被动语态[/FONT]

Using Corpora in Language Pedagogy

—A Case Study of Passive Constructions in Chinese Learner English

Xiao Zhonghua1[FONT=宋体],[/FONT]Dai Guangrong2

(1. School of International Studies, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058; 2. Department of Foreign Languages, Fujian University of Technologies, Fuzhou, Fujian 350108)

Abstract[FONT=宋体]:[/FONT]Since the 1990s corpora have revolutionized the study of language. Language pedagogy is one of the areas which have used corpora extensively. Leech (1997) observes a convergence between teaching and language corpora, which he thinks has three focuses: namely the indirect use of corpora in teaching, the direct use of corpora in teaching, and further teaching-oriented corpus development. Presently corpora have primarily been used indirectly in language pedagogy while the direct use of corpora in teaching is largely confined to learners of more advanced levels. Nevertheless, as long as the two tasks currently faced by corpus linguistics can be accomplished, corpora will play an even more essential role in deciding what to teach and how to teach. Learner corpora as a kind of teaching-oriented corpus resources can be used either directly or indirectly in language pedagogy. A case study of passive constructions in the Chinese Learner English Corpus demonstrates that contrastive corpus linguistics provides a powerful tool for predicting, diagnosing, and explaining the learner’s interlanguage in second language acquisition research.
Key words: corpora[FONT=宋体]; language pedagogy[FONT=宋体];[/FONT] contrastive corpus linguistics[FONT=宋体];[/FONT] interlanguage[FONT=宋体]; [/FONT]second language acquisition[FONT=宋体]; passive voice[/FONT][/FONT]

附件

• S-09-114终稿.doc
    353.5 KB · 浏览: 754
回复: 语料库在语言教学中的运用

我想尝试一下语料库在教学中的直接应用,授课对象是大一学生,英语基础还是不错的。让学生自己归纳总结,探索性学习,在语料库的取舍上,请教前辈有何建议?单一的语料库,或者对比语料库?

As a starting pointing, I think you may try using the online version of BNC, e.g. the BYU and Lancaster versions, which are useful for different purposes.

我想尝试一下语料库在教学中的直接应用,授课对象是大一学生,英语基础还是不错的。让学生自己归纳总结,探索性学习,在语料库的取舍上,请教前辈有何建议?单一的语料库,或者对比语料库?

Thanks to lt0806 for sending me comments and suggestions.

A revision of the paper in PDF format is now available online at the journal website.

As a starting pointing, I think you may try using the online version of BNC, e.g. the BYU and Lancaster versions, which are useful for different purposes.

thank xiaoz for your advice. i am a newcomer and have started learning Corpus for only a short period. i have been thinking about doing some experiment based on corpus, maybe by asking my students to use the BNC by themselves. i have learnt a lot from this website and i am so pleased to get your advice, thank you!

谢谢了,没想到这么久了还能下载下来。有点欣喜若狂了!!:cool:

Back
顶部