I love the new system

xujiajin

管理员
Staff member
I love the new system. It looks very neat, but I guess I need some time to get used to it.

Yes the new system is very powerful.

We can also get a collection of Today's postings to save time.

回复: I love the new system

Frankly, I don't think this neat and orderly version will be more attractively effective than the old one as one thing is clear: less corpus4uers are found online now. Further modification of the new system is yet needed.

Re: 回复: I love the new system

I agree. I really takes time for me to go for it.

Frankly, I don't think this neat and orderly version will be more attractively effective than the old one as one thing is clear: less corpus4uers are found online now. Further modification of the new system is yet needed.

it takes more time for me to find the posts that interest me on this new version!
but in the past, we can find the topic just on the front page! so easy and fast!

This is just a matter of different settings of refreshing time span. More people will be found online if we enlarge the time span and vice versa. The original setting is 60 seconds, which is relatively short. Now it's set to five minutes. Of course, more people will show up if it's set to hours. But that's not important. The important thing is that the new system provides a better way for users to communicate and find information they need, and at the same time, provides a better way for our administrators to manage and maintain it.

回复: Re: I love the new system

it takes more time for me to find the posts that interest me on this new version!
but in the past, we can find the topic just on the front page! so easy and fast!

Yes, this could be done and I'll do it later.:)

It really takes some time to export all the data in the old system and feed them into the new one.

The love "radio online" part is gone, will it come back??? i desire the reappearing of that column.!!!!

A problem with old linkage messages

Hi, Haiyang. Thanks a lot for getting the website updated with new systems. I appreciate your efforts just as other visitors do!

Perhaps you've already noticed a problem with old linkage messages in the new systems. for instance, when I paste and click the following link "http://www.corpus4u.org/forum_view.asp?view_id=593&forum_id=8
" according to an old message, it won't work out for me.

I understand it will take a long time to get everything in order again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

all the Best,

Yes, this is a problem indeed. We've successfully imported all the old postings and attachents to the new system, but the link to the old postings can't be recovered so far. In fact, it's actually a quite difficult task.

I recommend that you use the powerful search function of the new forum, to locate the thread you want.

..."it's actually a quite difficult task"...

in a sense, that was a plus for the old system:(, since it allowed us users to reidentify earlier posts quickly.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Best,

Iam getting gradually used to it now because of Today's Posts,but I still feel hesitant to make a humble suggestion that Today's Posts be set as the Default Page for Corpus4u Community

New Posts on the Navigation Menu is a better way of viewing all the new posts specific to your account as you log on to Corpus4U.

Back
顶部