AntConc Lastest Release 060907

xujiajin

管理员
Staff member
This e-mail has been sent to people who have shown an interest in using
AntConc. If you would prefer not to receive any announcements about
future releases, please let me know at the e-mail address below. I
apologize for any inconvenience this e-mail may cause.

Dear AntConc users,

I am happy to announce a new release of my freeware concordancer AntConc for Windows (version 3.2.0w.beta1). A Linux and Mac (OSX) version will be coming shortly.

This beta release gives you a preview of the final version of AntConc 3.2.0, which will feature a completely redesigned interface, several new features, and several bug fixes. The new interface follows the basic design used in previous versions, although users should find it 'cleaner' and more intuitive. In particular, all global and tool menu settings have been combined into two groups, where all the related settings can be accessed and adjusted within the same window. This should dramatically improve the usability. All tools now have access to the search engine (including the **Word List** and **Keyword List** tools) and there is also a new advanced search window that can be used to perform list (file) searches, and searches within a particular context. Due to the nature of the changes, this version will not be compatible with the settings files for previous versions.

Although I have tested the program extensively, please understand that this is a beta version and so some actions may produce unexpected results. Your feedback is very welcome.

Revisions found in the new version are listed below (taken from the readme file):

Revision History
3.2.0.beta1

IMPROVEMENTS:
1) Completely redesigned interface
2) Added search and advanced search features to all tools (including **Word List** and **Keyword List** tools).
3) Created new list (file) search available in all tools.
4) Created new context search option in all tools except **Word List** and **Keyword List**, where it has no meaning.
5) Busy cursors are used to indicate when very long sorting operations are being carried out (e.g. when sorting large N-gram list results).
6) Case options affecting whether or not data is converted to lower case are now more intuitive. For example, the 'Case' option in the main window now only affects the operation of the search itself and has no impact on the data under observation. Data can be treated as lowercase (for example in Word list tool) by choosing the 'Treat all data as lowercase' under the appropriate category in the 'Tool Preferences' menu.
7) The number of corpus files (and reference corpus files) being analyzed is now displayed.
8) Corrected some mistakes in the readme file
9) My name has been removed from the top of the main window! However, please remember that my name is Laurence with a U if you are ever citing me in your research papers!!

BUG FIXES:
1) The program no longer crashes when the 'All Values' option is chosen as the threshold value in Keywords.
2) Negative keywords are now highlighted correctly when the 'Show Negative Keywords' option is selected.
3) The KWIC lines are now aligned correctly even when the hit appears near the very start or end of a file.
4) Collocates frequency values are now correctly calculated even when the span extends further left than the start of the file
5) The action of the 'one word only' wildcard is now more intuitive.
6) Some operations (e.g. creating a word list) now do not crash after restoring the default settings and then performing an operation.

The software can be downloaded from my website
http://www.antlab.sci.waseda.ac.jp/ via the "Software" link and double clicked to start. No installation is necessary. A detailed readme file and help system are also available. Also, please have a look at the AntConc Homepage (also accessible via the "Software" link), which lists all previous versions of the program.

I hope you enjoy the new version of AntConc.

I would like to say thank you to the many users who have e-mailed me with comments and suggestions for improvements, many of which I have implemented in this version.

Best regards,

Laurence Anthony

--
###############################################################
Laurence Anthony, Ph.D.
Center for English Language Education in Science and Engineering
School of Science and Engineering
Waseda University
3-4-1 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8555, Japan
E-mail: anthony@waseda.jp
WWW: http://www.antlab.sci.waseda.ac.jp/
###############################################################

回复: AntConc Lastest Release 060907

Salute to Dr.Laurence Anthony!国人何时也能捣弄出这样一个软件呢?

Back
顶部